802.11a/g/n,dual-band/Cntrl-based AP, Int Antennas, C Reg Domain, 3×3 MIMO.
The Aironet 1600 provides six times the throughput of existing 802.11a/g networks. With an entry-level path to 802.11n migration, it can add capacity to the network for future growth for expanding applications and bandwidth. Chipsets and optimized radios deliver mobility experience with 802.11n with 3×3 MIMO technology, Radio resource management, CleanAir Express, Cisco ClientLink 2.0 technology, Cisco VideoStream technology, and Cisco BandSelect technology.
About This Item
Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) Technology
- 802.11n with 3×3 MIMO technology with two spatial streams, which sustains 300 Mb/s rates over a greater range for more capacity and reliability than competing access points
Radio Resource Management (RRM)
- Automated self-healing optimizes the unpredictability of RF to reduce dead spots and helps to ensure high-availability client connections
- Effectively detects RF interference and provides basic spectrum analysis capability, while simplifying ongoing operations
Cisco ClientLink 2.0 Technology
- Improves downlink performance to all mobile devices including 802.11n, while improving battery life on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets
Cisco BandSelect Technology
- Improves 5 GHz client connections in mixed client environments
Cisco VideoStream technology
- Uses multicast to improve rich-media applications
- The Aironet 1600 is a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, which can scale to up to 18,000 access points with full Layer 3 mobility across central or remote locations on the enterprise campus, in branch offices, and at remote sites.
Cisco Network Assistant
Cisco Network Assistant provides a centralized network view with a user-friendly GUI that simplifies configuration, management, and troubleshooting. Using the Cisco Network Assistant you can easily discover and initialize your network of stand-alone access points.
Leave a Reply